Seeking a postdoctoral researcher in 2020
The application is now closed. The recruiting status is under review.
This position is not for a trainee-level doctors. Superior doctors who have ability to conduct research indipendently can apply to this position.
Research field: Mathematical analysis.
Working with Dr. Yoshiyuki Kageyama, who is an experimental chemist, under a Grant-in-Aid project "Discrete Geometric Analysis for Materials Design".
Creating a mathematical model for macroscopic motions of materials driven by molecular transformation. The examples are published as supplemental information in our publications. See Angew. Chem Int. Ed. 2016 (the movies are available free of charge: direct link to the supporting information). If you feel interesting in this topic, please contact us.
Working collaboratory with other mathematic research groups.
Fixed term researcher: the first period will be expired on Mar. 31, 2021. The contract is renewable once (the term is from Apr. 1, 2021 to Mar. 31, 2022).
Discretionary labor system for professional work: the standard working hours is deemed as 7 and three-quarter hours for a day. The salary and the conditions are determined in accordance with the regulations of Hokkaido University. This is not a part-time job.
The worker participates events (parties, sport games, &s) in the laboratory and in the department, and owes for the fee for activities.
If you have any questions, contact us. The contact address is written below.
Who can apply?
- Who is a Ph.D. in mathematics and relating field.
- Who works with ethics.
- Who can work for the benefit of our common society.
- Who has communication skill in Japanese: The researcher has ability to travel alone in Japan.
What are required for application
- Cover Letter (e-mail address, name of the current supervisor and his/her institute)
- Personal Resume (* see below)
- Explanation of the previous works (between 2 and 4 pages, A4 or letter size sheet.)
- Essay for the future vision as a scientist (less than 1 page, A4 or letter size sheet.)
- A list of publication (or the address to the electric list on website)
- Additional explanation, if there are.
- One reference letter, including name, position, and e-mail address of the referee.
* Format of resume: Free format with an attached clear photography of the applicant, and the following information should be included: Name, current address, telephone number and Email address, Date of Birth, academic history, degree(s), license, career history, awards, membership of organizations etc.
We will make an online interview if you are nominated as a candidate.
Address for application and queries
Address: y.kageyama @ sci.hokudai.ac.jp (delete the spaces)
Subject of the mail: MathMat-Postdoc Application (Your Family Name).
Life in Sapporo city
Sapporo-city is famous for its winter season. You can enjoy snow a lot, but you have to live in the icy world. We Japanese thank everything and eat them including fish, lamb, pork and beef with drinking alcohol. Please respect our culture, as well as we respect your culture. The office for foreigners in our faculty can assist your visiting.
The starting day for hiring
Because of COVID-19, the immigration is not easy. Now, we cannot expect the starting day. If you are staying in Japan and have corresponding VISA, the starting day is planned to be the 1st July.